BOBBI’S BOOK NOOK
A Reading Program for Kids and Kitties
Welcome to Bobbi’s Book Nook! We are glad to have you as a member of our reading program.
Our kitties love a good book. So find a comfy spot in one of our cat pens, throw down a soft towel or blanket and begin to read out loud to our friendly kitties. You’ll see — they will surely join you for a good story — and for some play or cuddle time too! Our kitties love that you are here to visit. They find the sound of your voice comforting and soothing. Just like people, they want company too!
How does our reading program work?
You can read to our cats during one of two sessions, held on Saturdays:
- Session I is from 3 to 4 pm.
- Session II is from 4 to 5 pm.
Make sure to sign up for a time slot before you arrive at the shelter so you get your own pen full of cats waiting to read a good book!
After your first reading session with our kitties, you will get a certificate showing that you are an Official Member of Bobbi’s Book Nook. You will also receive your own Bobbi’s Book Nook Tracker. We will use your tracker to count the number of times you have come to the shelter to read to the kitties — so bring it with you every time you visit and have a staff member initial it before you leave each day.
- After 5 visits to read to the kitties, you will receive a Certificate of Achievement for reaching the Bronze member level!
- After 10 visits, you will receive a Certificate of Achievement for reaching the Silver member level!
- After 25 visits, you will receive a Certificate of Achievement for reaching the Gold member level!
A few things to know:
- If you are under 16 years old, your parent or guardian must accompany you in the cat room.
- Space is limited! You must sign up for a reading session ahead of time.
- Please use hand sanitizer after leaving each pen.
- If you have any questions while you are at our shelter, please ask the shelter staff. They are here to help you.